If you or a family member are living in a nursing home, you need to know what is acceptable protocol and what is not. What we mean by this is that too often people experience nursing home abuse and a lot of times it is not reported. If you ever feel threatened, whether it is by your caretaker or someone else living or working in the nursing home, speak up! Whenever you feel that you are in a dangerous situation, do not ignore your gut feeling, but rather take action and stand up for yourself. Never let anyone tell you that you must do something. It can be hard to decipher what is respectable and what is crossing the line, especially if you trust the person who is putting you in harms ways. Our nursing home abuse attorney urges you to always report signs of abuse, because if you do not and the abuse continues, it may lead to death, in which you will need to speak with our wrongful death attorney in Orlando at the JGarcia Law Firm, P.A.
5 Tips For Selecting The Right Attorney
If someone you love has died in a wrongful death case at a nursing home, it can be extremely devastating and the last thing you should have to worry about is fighting by yourself. You need to find the right lawyer to represent your case, which means you have some research to do. Luckily, at JGarcia Law Firm, P.A. in Orlando, we have the right nursing home abuse attorney to represent your case. Here are a few tips our wrongful death attorney in Orlando would like to share with you when you are choosing a lawyer:
- Finding your lawyer- There are so many lawyers that you can choose from in Orlando and you do not want to use a simple search to determine who will represent you. Talk with family and friends, or call your local bar association who may be able to help you by providing a list of wrongful death attorneys.
- Reputation- Lawyers can have a strong or a not so strong reputation within the community. Make sure you ask around, check reviews online to see who is reputable, and review their previous work.
- Experience- You want to make sure you are choosing an attorney with experience in wrongful death. You do not want to be someone’s experiment, because after all, this is a serious matter and it needs to be handled by professionals.
- Involvement- Choose an attorney who is involved with the law because laws in wrongful death cases change quite frequently, so you need to find a lawyer who is always updating themselves on the law.
- The initial interview- You need to take this interview seriously and make sure you write down the questions you have. Prepare before the interview because you want to make sure all of your questions are answered in order to build a strong foundation for your case.
What Is Considered A “Red Flag” When Choosing An Attorney?
Choosing an attorney can be difficult. Here are a few warning signs to look out for when you are deciding on the right lawyer for you:
- Unanswered phone calls
- Unanswered emails
- Missed deadlines
- Poor attitude
- Refusal to provide references
If you have a family member who has been abused in a nursing home, call our nursing home attorney right away to prevent any serious or permanent injuries. If someone is put in a harmful situation at a nursing home, it could lead to death in which case you must talk with our wrongful death attorney in Orlando at JGarcia Law Firm, P.A. To find out more about wrongful death and how to choose the best lawyer to represent your case, call us today at 407-649-6448 or visit our website! 411attorney.com